The Evolution of Webix from 9.2 to 10.0
The Webix team finishes this productive year with a brand-new Webix 10.0 release. We put our all into work this summer and fall to give you the most breathtaking update of the year. So let’s trace Webix’s evolution from 9.2 to 10.0 and note the main changes and improvements throughout this year.
Version 9.2 has brought a couple of valuable fixes and updates for the library:
- Vital fixes and performance improvements are added to the library core.
- Pivot, Scheduler, and Gantt got methods for clearing and reloading data.
The first major update of 2022 includes:
- Added emoji support to the Chat for more user-friendly experience.
- The Pivot widget was boosted with four new chart types.
- The Scheduler was complemented with drag-n-drop for adding new events.
- Two new chart types for the SpreadSheet, plus a couple of new spark line types for better visualization.
- The Report Manager got a new feature to make it easier to read the report and discover patterns in the data.
- Introduction of 3D Donut chart. Not only pies, but also donuts, are available in 3D.
- Pie labels are highlighted in the contrasting colors to stand out against any background.
- Added Gage format to round a value or add additional characters.
- Diagram updates included curved links for better visualization and labels for links.
- SpreadSheet is able to print not only the current sheet, but any other from the dropdown list as well.
The anniversary update of our library includes:
- Two brand new complex Widgets — Desktop and ToDo.
- Two brand-new skins are available for the components of Webix core and complex widgets.
- Locale settings include sorting the data according to the language of the chosen locale and new formats for numbers and currency.
- New “baseline” property for Gantt to set start date, end date and duration for the project.
- The biggest enhancement to Pivot is the addition of external data processing support.
- New “Hide/show print borders” button for SpreadSheet to visualize the print borders of a page.
- Another crucial feature for SpreadSheet is the ability to hide sheets via UI.
For more information on Webix 10.0 updates and fixes, visit the What’s new page of the documentation. To get the library itself, upgrade via npm or Client area.
The Webix UI library is constantly growing and improving its functionality, all thanks to customers feedback and our team of wonderful developers. We have ambitious plans and bright ideas for the next year, so let’s wish Webix good luck. We have big news and updates ready for you. Stay tuned!